FAI Hang Gliding and Paragliding Commission (CIVL)
IPPI Card Issue
Issuing IPPI Card
The approved association that is the issuing authority for the IPPI Card can be the FAI member organization (usually a NAC) or its designated representative (usually a federation) or any association approved by CIVL.
- All FAI member organization are allowed to issue IPPI Card.
- CIVL may choose other associations responsible to issue the IPPI Card.
- CIVL may request explanation on the price the IPPI Card is sold for.
- CIVL may withdraw the right to issue the IPPI Card for any reason, including price abuse.
If the issuing authority is of a nation other than the applicant’s nationality, the nation of issuance must also be noted here.
The sample application form found on CIVL website is for the use of the issuing authorities only. No individual application can be made directly to the FAI using this form.
Pilots are invited to contact the issuing authority to obtain an IPPI card.
Issuing authority that wants to join the IPPI Card Programme, order or renew their stock of cards can get more information from the FAI Office.
Fédération Aéronautique Internationale - Maison du Sport International - Av. de Rhodanie 54 - 1005 Lausanne - Switzerland
Tel : +41 213 451 070 — Fax : +41 213 451 077
The issuing authority includes the appropriate IPPI logo on the pilot's national license. Logos for all level are available in colour or black and white here.
Per IPPI level
- Preparation of the card: All entries should be made using a permanent, indelible marking method.
- Pilot name: This entry should be the same as the name as shown on the pilot's national rating card.
- Country Name: Country that issued National Sporting Licence.
- SafePro Delta and/or SafePro Para rating: The rating assigned should be the rating equal to or less than the existing national rating held by the pilot.
- Issuing authority: If the issuing authority is of a nation other than the applicant's nationality, the nation of issuance must also be noted here.