116th FAI General Conference 2022: Highlights
145 registered participants joined the 116th FAI General Conference which was held online between 1-3 November 2022.
This was the third FAI General Conference consecutively held online, and 78 delegates from 52 members and 12 commissions representatives.
The conference took place over three days and included the annual FAI Awards, broadcast in an online video on Tuesday 1, the first day of the conference. The video remains accessible online.
The full minutes of the Conference will be available at the beginning of 2023
Membership and Budget
The 2023 Budget and Scale of Membership were approved by the Conference.
David Monks, from UK, was re-elected unopposed for a two-year mandate.
Six Executive Board members were elected or re-elected.
Composition of the Executive Board after the Conference
- David Monks, United Kingdom, re-elected
- Andy Chau, Hong Kong, China, elected
- Agust Gudmundsson, Iceland, re-elected
- Eric Mozer, USA, re-elected
- Patrick Naegeli, United Kingdom, re-elected
- Marina Vigorito, Italy, re-elected
- Graeme Windsor, Australia, re-elected
- Markus Haggeney, Germany (non-voting member)
- Pakistan Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (PHPA) - Active member, Class 10
Future General Conferences
Future FAI General Conferences:
- Update on the preparations of the 117th General Conference 2023 (Dayton, Ohio, USA, 26-27 October 2023) were presented by the host
- Bids are open for the 118th General Conference 2024